Friday, July 9, 2010

First month with Conor George

The first month of Conors life has been a little rough but we are so grateful for him. Conor has not been a very happy baby. At first he just cried and we didn't know what to do I was so frustrated and overwhelmed and so sad because I couldn' t do anything and because I was not spending any time with Liam it was a hard adjustment. Liam never cried so Conor was a bit of a shock. We soon figured out that Conor just really missed the womb. We have to rock him,and bounce him non-stop to keep him happy and to get him to sleep. He really loves the sound of the shower and loud music so combine either of those things with intense aerobic exercise moves and we can usually get him to sleep and keep him happy. Thank goodness I have had a lot of family to help. His worse moments are at night and he is getting a lot better. He has moments now where he will be awake and actually just chill without crying. Liam has done so well. He loves his little brother and always wants to hold him. I am so grateful for prayer and for family. I love our new addition more than anything. Welcome to the world baby Conor. Here are some pictures of his first month.



6 comments:

Tana and Bronson said...

Cadie what an adorable baby!!! Your pictures are wonderful. Oh I LOVE HIM. You are the best mommy with the most patience. I'm so proud of you. All your boys love you and so do I!

The Olson Family said...

I can't get over all that dark hair! He is darling and I'm glad you are figuring him out. Hopefully it just gets better now. Mamahood can be such an adventure!

Gooch Family said...

Wow he looks so much like Liam! I also love how Liam still has cute chubby cheeks, the last little part of baby in him. I miss that! I'm so glad you had a good 4th and Conor gave you a little break. Soon enough he'll get over that fussiness and all will be good. Hopefully sooner than later right? Hang in there, you are such a good mom!!

Mary said...

He is a cutie! What a lot of dark hair!

Justi said...

Congrats, Cadie. Conor is totally adorable. I'm sorry to hear that he has been so fussy. That makes things so difficult for you, especially when you're already exhausted. It will get better, I promise. Our baby was pretty fussy as well so I know how frustrating it can be. I'll keep you guys in my prayers. Love you!

K said...

Wow, you guys sure have a beautiful family. We are so glad that everything went well with the latest addition. My favorite thing on this blog is the last picture on this post of Conor. He is making the exact face Jared used to make when I told him we had to go to church on Sundays!